Healthy Living: Always Have a Plan for the Gym
When you first start going to the gym or if you've always gone, it is a good idea to come prepared. By prepared, I mean having your music playlist ready, headphones, a comfortable outfit (like a longer shirt for squatting) and the right shoes. Now that you have the basics, think about what you are actually going to do with your time at the gym. What area of the body are you going to focus on? How many reps are you going to do? How much time will you spend doing each exercise?
I have created a list of workouts that help me focus on areas that I want to target. Quick note: from my experience and from what I have been always been told, the body "tones" faster if you focus (train) on one area of the body at a time, for example legs. Legs are by far one of my favorite parts to train. I enjoy squatting and deadlifts. There is nothing like walking out of the gym (by walking I mean waddling) and instantly feeling the intensity of your workout. I have found that this feeling comes from planning.
The days I have not had time to plan out my workout are the days that I don't work very hard. When I come prepared, I work hard and I focus on the area that I am targeting for that session, which I usually see or feel the most results from.
It is not often that I share my workouts with anyone, but why not? I am posting what I find to really work my inner and outer legs. I would use words like quads and hamstrings and the like, but I am not as educated in those areas as others.
Here is what I enjoy doing on leg day. Let me know how this worked for you or what you do on leg day! I'm always willing to try something new.
Happiness and Health,
Hannah


Hi Hannah,
ReplyDeleteThanks for the inspiration! Do you hit the gym every day, once or three times a week? What seems to work best? I've noticed that if I hit cardio for 30 minutes three times a week I can handle stress a lot better. If I can make the time...
Hannah-
ReplyDeleteLove your blog! This is really helpful actually. I have been working on getting back into running. This might actually help me expand on my current workout program (which is sadly just running at the moment). Your use of questions in your post really engages the reader and allows them to question their own motivations. Great job!
Hey Hannah,
ReplyDeleteI've enjoyed following along with your blog so far. The workout in this post made me instantly ask two questions: 1.) How should I know how much weight to use for each rep? 2.) How am I supposed to know if I'm doing these moves correctly?
Perhaps consider posting links to or sharing about how you decide how much to lift and how you learned about correct form? Just some thoughts!