Healthy Living Starts At The Grocery Store

In a recent post, I was asked about my grocery list for the week. What do I buy and how much do I buy?

I am a firm believer that healthy habits start at the store and in your strives to make healthy choices. When faced with the option to choose between chocolate covered strawberries and normal, organic strawberries, which would you choose? Remember that taste is only temporary, calories and all that you consume stick with you for a lifetime. Would you put unleaded gas in a diesel truck? No way. So why put bad things in your body?

What you purchase at the grocery store, say for the week, impacts every food choice you make for that next week. If you choose to buy healthy foods that you enjoy, then you will eat healthy. If you choose unhealthy options like potato chips and candy, you will eat just that. Our power to fight temptation is much easier if we do not temp ourselves in the first place with bad options. Don't put yourself in a bad situation if you can avoid one.

I choose to shop at places that I can buy my healthy food in bulk, so I can prep my meals for the week. If you have meals pre-made, ready to grab on your way out, then you will stick to your healthy lifestyle. Before reading my grocery list, remember that we all like different foods, have different tastes and all splurge every once in a while (like me who just had cookie dough bites at the movie).

Below is my grocery list for the week. Let me know what you like and hopefully you can give me some ideas of what to buy/ try next!
















You'll love the precooked grilled chicken. It is great when you are running late for work and forgot to pack a lunch!

Happiness and Health,

Hannah

Comments

Popular Posts