Why You Should Love A Good Dry Sauna Session

I came across an interesting blog article this week by Livestrong. The article was about the “Health Benefits of a Dry Sauna.” I’ve always loved a dry sauna because of how it made my skin feel and how it relaxed my body.

Dry sauna love
Today, I actually remembered to hit the dry sauna on my way out of the gym. It is a space where no one usually talks (pure silence), relaxation and it gives you time to think/ reflect. It is rare that we take the time to just sit and let our brains/ bodies be at peace and recover. Below are some of the ways that Livestrong has found dry saunas to help improve your life and body:

• Circulation

• Metabolism

• Flexibility

• Toxin release through sweat

• Relaxation

I was pretty happy to find out that my “me time” in my place of solitude was and is actually good for me. Besides my work out, this is something I would like to make a point to add to my stretching time because of how much I enjoy it.

In living a healthy lifestyle, it is important (to me at least) to take care of yourself and do one thing just for YOU each day. It is easy to trade “me time” in for work or friends, but remember that you cannot help others until you can help yourself.

What do you do for you each day?


Happiness and Health,

Hannah



For more on the Livestrong article, click here.

Comments

  1. Um, drink a glass of wine? ;) Ok, while that's true, I have to say that going to the gym has totally changed for me after having kids. Now I look forward to it as a kids-free, just-about-me refuge, as opposed to an obligation. I feel guilty about the time away, but when I go, I feel a ton better about myself. If only I could make it there more often...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts