Healthy Holiday Turkey, Quinoa Meatballs

For the holidays this year, I have been experimenting with different foods. I start this process early, so that I can perfect a recipe by Christmas time. I wanted to try to make some type of finger food/ snack food that was filling and healthy, so I found a recipe on ToneItUp.com that was both. 

When it comes to selecting what it is that you want to make, think about what is lacking at a holiday party. When I think about what I look for at a holiday party, I look for something that is…
  1. a healthy option,
  2. filling enough to prevent me from over snacking 
  3. and not too messy.
Based on the previous criteria, I opted to make turkey, quinoa meatballs. The recipe was simple. It was primarily spices, ground turkey, peppers, quinoa and red sauce. It was my first time rolling meatballs, so excuse the misshaped balls. :)

Overall, they were a crowd pleaser and they went fast! View the recipe below.


Recipe: http://toneitup.com/2013/12/member-recipe-quinoa-turkey-meatballs/


Happiness and Health,

Hannah 

Comments

Popular Posts