I Can't Work Out For A Living: Find Your Cutbacks
When it comes to choosing foods that are completely natural and "healthy," I always struggle. As a college student, I find it hard to find the time to prep meals, grocery shop and measure my foods. Slowly, I have become more in tune with what I should be eating and what I actually have time to make.
In a perfect world, I would have unlimited funds, no homework, wouldn't work for a living, have a gourmet chef and I would workout for two hours a day. This makes me laugh just writing this. In my "About Me" section, I mention a motivational group I used to follow closely. Currently, the girls, who own the company and run it, are in impeccable shape, eat strictly organic food and stay fit for a living; being fit is their job. That would be amazing, but it is not the world I currently live in. I have a desk job, I am a college student, organic food is overpriced, and honestly, I'm just poor. Okay, I'm finished ranting now.
Although, just because I cannot be as healthy as I'd like, there are other options. Being realistic about your lifestyle is what it is all about. If you can't afford fresh, organic vegetables and fruit to juice daily, then just juice once a week. If you can't workout every day for two hours, then pick a busy day of work and school to take off, but walk to class instead of drive. If you don't have time to prep chicken breasts to eat the rest of the week, then buy frozen, pre-cooked chicken breasts and just heat them up when you need them (my current obsession).
Not every day has to be perfect, but make those extra calories really count. When school and work get busy, I focus on having two or three really intense, long workouts a week instead of six. If you are limited on time, then make those minutes count. If you are like me, I use my workout as an escape from homework and usually stay longer than I should have, but what is more important at the end of the day? YOU.
Don't forget what is really important and make it all count. Maybe one day we can all workout for a living and eat strictly organic, but for now, do what you can in moderation.
What are some of your frustrations about living a constant, healthy lifestyle?
Happiness and Health, Hannah
In a perfect world, I would have unlimited funds, no homework, wouldn't work for a living, have a gourmet chef and I would workout for two hours a day. This makes me laugh just writing this. In my "About Me" section, I mention a motivational group I used to follow closely. Currently, the girls, who own the company and run it, are in impeccable shape, eat strictly organic food and stay fit for a living; being fit is their job. That would be amazing, but it is not the world I currently live in. I have a desk job, I am a college student, organic food is overpriced, and honestly, I'm just poor. Okay, I'm finished ranting now.
Although, just because I cannot be as healthy as I'd like, there are other options. Being realistic about your lifestyle is what it is all about. If you can't afford fresh, organic vegetables and fruit to juice daily, then just juice once a week. If you can't workout every day for two hours, then pick a busy day of work and school to take off, but walk to class instead of drive. If you don't have time to prep chicken breasts to eat the rest of the week, then buy frozen, pre-cooked chicken breasts and just heat them up when you need them (my current obsession).
Not every day has to be perfect, but make those extra calories really count. When school and work get busy, I focus on having two or three really intense, long workouts a week instead of six. If you are limited on time, then make those minutes count. If you are like me, I use my workout as an escape from homework and usually stay longer than I should have, but what is more important at the end of the day? YOU.
Don't forget what is really important and make it all count. Maybe one day we can all workout for a living and eat strictly organic, but for now, do what you can in moderation.
What are some of your frustrations about living a constant, healthy lifestyle?
Happiness and Health, Hannah

Comments
Post a Comment