The "Healthier" Drink Option for Game Days


When it comes to college and a football home game weekend, drinking alcoholic beverages is usually included in part of the equation. It becomes easy to waste your precious calorie intake in just a few drinks. On average, the drinks that I like are heavy on the sugar side and sweetness.

If it does not taste good (like beer) then I won't touch it. This is key. When you prepare to make your alcohol run, only get a enough for the night. Make sure you never get that extra bottle of wine "just in case." The just in case extra drinks are where you go wrong. If you have extra drink options laying around, then you are more apt to drink them. So choose wisely.

As for my drink of choice, I enjoy a good mojito. Bacardi (the creators of the mojito) have a rather perfect recipe. Although, I have found ways to substitute out things like simple syrup, it is still a delicious recipe.

What you will need:

1/2 lime

12 fresh mint leaves (I have a spearmint plant)

2 tablespoons of Agave Nectar

1 glass full of ice

2 ounces of Bacardi Light Rum (or 1 1/2 ounces)

1 can of Sprite Zero

Directions: In a tall glass, muddle the mint leaves with the half of the lime together. Next, add the Agave Nectar and Bacardi Light Rum. Stir together then pour into your short glass of ice. Next, top off your glass with Sprite Zero and stir. You can add a lime wedge as a garnish and another mint leaf.

Results (it was a little warm outside; ice melted quickly):


This is how I personally enjoy my mojito. Sometimes I adjust the recipe based on the type of drink I crave. You might have to adjust to taste!

Enjoy!
Happiness and Health, Hannah

Comments

Popular Posts