A Healthy Food Choice That Will Last A Week - Quinoa

If you are like me, you struggle with finding the time to cook healthy meals. Food preparation is my key to starting off a week right with healthy meal choices. When you prep healthy food options, you are less likely to choose unhealthy alternatives. 

Because I am a poor college student, I try to cook inexpensive, healthy foods in bulk. Quinoa is one of my favorite things to make. Quinoa can be used as a substitute for couscous, oatmeal or rice. It has a bland flavor, but is great with a sauce or meat. I often season my quinoa with a Trader Joe’s chicken seasoning or I pour my favorite spaghetti sauce over it. Quinoa is packed full of protein and contains multiple amino acids. In my opinion, it is a win-win healthy item for anyone looking to incorporate some filling, delicious foods into their diet.


I often pair my Nature’s Earthly Choice premium quinoa with Prego meat sauce. I love Nature’s Earthly Choice’s quinoa because it is reasonably priced for two pounds worth of food, it is gluten free and their instructions for cooking are spot on. Nothing is more frustrating about cooking when the instructions for cooking are not exact or near exact. This brand gives exact instructions for cooking and only takes about a total of 20 minutes start to finish. How easy can healthy eating get?!

You will have to excuse the quality of my photo, but I cooked some up just for you to see. I promise quinoa tastes and looks better in person than it does in my photo! 

Let me know how you like your quinoa! Try adding a little ground turkey too. It is delicious and filling!

Happiness and Health,


Hannah 

Comments

Popular Posts